Transformation & Finance Operations Lead
Communications Service Provider (CSP)/Telecoms; BSS/OSS; Information Technology; Strategy; Program and Project Management; Finance Operations; Credit/Receivables Management; Product Management; Leadership; Transformation.
Technical proficiency; strategy and thought-leadership; pragmatic; execution and results orientated; driven; motivational; troubleshooter and problem-solver; customer-centricity.
Thriving in challenging environments, Ali brings his wealth of operational leadership roles to every assignment. "There is always a better way" is his mantra, and he usually finds it!
Ali approaches complex problems and improvement opportunities with a huge dose of common sense, looking every time at what the customer would expect to see and combining that with key stakeholder objectives. The result is a customer-centric outcome that takes the business forward. Lower cost, improved performance, happier customers.
Ali's hands-on style also ensures attention to detail whilst tracking strategic needs. He has an amazing ability to visualise solutions that have evaded others. And once direction is agreed, his tenacious approach to delivery ensures results.
- 21-years Communications Service Provider (CSP)/Telco and Information Technology experience including 13-years in senior leadership roles.
- Revenue Assurance and Finance Operations expert.
- Significant international experience.
- Deep expertise in Credit Management policy and practice.
Illustrative Roles, Assignments and Outcomes
- Led Business Analytics function for EMEA region, Information Systems function of a global medical devices entity encompassing 10 Divisions, 22 factories and 51 fiscal entities improving group reporting and actionable insights.
- Led Product & Infrastructure Assurance function for a major mobile telecoms company. Implemented several key systems and risk management projects including disaster recovery.
- Director of Revenue Assurance & Finance Operations for a major telecoms company leading transformation and functional merger projects. Outsourcing of back-office functions and driving new revenue streams.
- Regional Head of Finance Operations then Global Head of Credit Management for a major global insurance brand. Led many technology, organisation, process and shared services initiatives to improve quality, reduce cost and enhance customer experience.