Founder | Practice Head | Strategic Advisor | Performance Advocate
Management Consulting & Advisory; Telecoms Business Assurance (Revenue Assurance, Fraud Management, Credit Management & Collections, Security); Shared Services; Managed Services; Business Process Outsourcing (BPO); Technology; Robotic Process Automation (RPA); Software Solutions, Product Management; Strategy; Execution; Performance Management; Leadership; Business Development; Commercial Organisations; Sales and Marketing.
Engaged; passionate; pragmatic; innovative; thought-leader; problem-solving; motivational; balanced-excellence; strategic; commercially minded; customer centricity; execution and results focussed.
A potent leadership resource successful in both business operations and vendor roles, including globally/regionally distributed teams. Dean thrives in strategic, transformational or start-up roles, being leveraged to identify problems and opportunities, establish strategy and define and execute change or growth.
Innovation, entrepreneurialism and energy are key traits evident in the execution of roles and assignments. Dean has exceptional communication and motivational skills and is able to enthuse others to support, participate and succeed, even in the toughest of political or fragmented business environments. A wide exposure to global business cultures, combined with inherent customer centricity and business goals focus, enable significant value-add in many aspects of business growth, change and performance.
Dean has previously co-authored the Financial Times Fraud Report and the FML Revenue Assurance & Fraud Management Yearbook series and continues to contribute articles and papers in specialist areas. He remains a regular speaker and chair at international events and acts as lead-trainer in some of his specialisms.
- Deep industry experience in Communications Service Providers (CSP)/Telco and Financial Services/Insurance.
- Vendor leadership roles in Software Products & Services and Management Consulting arenas.
- Operational leadership roles in Commercial/Business Management, Business Assurance, Finance Operations, Technology/Automation Strategy and Shared Services/Business Process Outsourcing (BPO).
- Start-up of two consulting practices and coaching to other SME and start-up businesses.
- Lead consultant-trainer is Receivables Management topics.
Illustrative Roles, Assignments and Outcomes
- COO advisory to technology start-up supporting strategy, product and commercial development
- Executive advisory to Network Performance & Optimisation technology company supporting strategy and commercial development
- Global Finance Operations Shared Services & Solutions strategy and functional head for a major international insurance company
- Improving BPO Service Level performance from 88% green, many red, to 98% green, zero red; overall SLA metrics
- 44% increase in Net Promoter Score (NPS) of strategic BPO partner amongst key stakeholders
- Led technology strategy including Robotic Process Automation (RPA) program supporting definition of Group Strategy
- Implemented Innovation Culture in operational hubs to drive inclusive continuous improvement initiatives and significant business wins
- Regional President role for CSP Software Products & Services business
- Grew revenue to 500% of base over 3 years
- Concept, creation and delivery of highly successful Revenue Assurance Managed Services model
- Integration of two business-acquisitions
- Troubleshooting delivery practices and projects, improving customer engagement, relationships and collections outcomes
- Design, implementation and leadership of Innovation Initiatives function for a major Payment Card Issuer driving significant business value and earning industry awards
- Co-founder of world's first Telecoms Business Assurance consulting firm, growing to globally recognised leadership status
- Built and led internal consulting and Product Assurance functions at two major UK Communications Service Providers
- Initiated Telecoms UK Fraud Forum (TUFF) and supported the creation of several other global forums