CTO/CTIO Strategic Advisory & Program Lead
Management Consulting & Advisory; Telecoms Networks; BSS/OSS; Information Technology; Strategy, Architecture and Operations; Program and Project Management.
Technical proficiency; strategy and thought-leadership; pragmatic; execution and results orientated; driven; motivational; troubleshooter and problem-solver;
A seasoned Chief Technology Officer (CTO and CTIO) with extensive international experience in the global Communications Service Provider (CSP)/Telecoms sector. Jon's rich multi-cultural and cross-technology exposure combines with his instinctive talent for innovation and business growth to deliver robust technology strategy that ensures an exceptionally positive customer experience with appropriately balanced cost and revenue positions.
Jon is particularly well-known for his motivational leadership style, enabling teams to evolve and cement performance. Jon thrives in greenfield design-and-build mode and in taking established operations to the next level through evolving strategy or more radical and transformative programs.
Troubleshooting and recovery of mis-aligned strategy or delivery projects are a key strength; Jon's detailed technical knowledge combines with strong project and stakeholder engagement skills to resolve, re-track and execute to agreed time, quality and cost schedules.
- 30-years Communications Service Provider (CSP)/Telco experience including 20-years in senior leadership roles.
- Network (core and radio), OSS/BSS and general IT strategy and operational leadership.
- Vast international experience across multiple technology and business model types.
- Pioneering investor and advisor to a number of technology startups.
Illustrative Roles, Assignments and Outcomes
- Led strategic network advisory program with EU based CSP rearranging back-haul to optimize LTE Comp, redesigning roaming architecture to fully utilize the Enhanced Packed Core related to 4G and wrap-around operational considerations to fully leverage the strategic change.
- CTO responsible for strategy and operations in Asian Integrated CSP with 13m mobile customers and growing fixed-line and multi-media customer base.
- Led 70% cost reduction through major transformation.
- Complete mobile network upgrade re-purposing legacy technologies and implementing new.
- Restructuring of engineering and operational structures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- CTIO role in major Middle-Eastern Integrated CSP responsible for all network and IT functions.
- Developed lean operational structure to optimize cost-benefits.
- Led billing system integration program.
- Grew network 15% with no increase in operating budget.
- Nordic Regional CTIO role responsible for 3 countries and properties.
- Significant organizational restructure reducing headcount by 35% in 6 months.
- Network operational cost reduction of 30% in 12 months.